December 10, 2006

General Update

Well, God has blessed me in so many neat ways lately that I just had to write them down for my own record and possibly for your encouragement as well.
  1. I needed to buy a certain curriculum from Kindermusik...a new level that I will begin teaching in the fall. It's called Young Child for ages 4 1/2 to 7 yrs. This curriculum is really for the purpose of preparing them for private music study, such as piano or violin. I would always recommend beginning with piano, no matter what your long term goals are musically. Anyway, I wanted Benjamin to be able to benefit from this class as well as reach a whole new clientele. Long story short...I needed to buy 4 different curricula at $90 each, $100 if you include shipping. Well, 2 weeks ago I got on e-bay, which I've never bought anything from and looked around at their Kindermusik stuff. Someone was selling all 4 curricula together and the going bid was $45!!! To cut through all the drama, I won it for $56. Can you believe it? To make it even better, the very day I won the teacher's curriculum on e-bay some random person came into the School of Music with a Young Child student kit...complete and wanted to know if anyone there would find it useful. She hated to throw it away! So right there I got B's kit for free. Unbelievable! It was obvious to me that day that God was orchestrating my future and the success of it as well!
  2. Mindy, my dear friend from Maryland (well, she's from Dallas but moved to Maryland) lost her Nana just last week. It was somewhat sudden and very heartbreaking for Mindy because she was so very close to her Nana. Mindy and Jeremy and all 5 of their kids DROVE to Mt. Pleasant, TX for the funeral last Saturday. I was so blessed to catch a ride with the Pates and go to the funeral. Another dear friend, Laurie volunteered to watch my kids so I could go be with Mindy, help her with her kids and not worry about my own. Is that not amazing? What a friend! Well, I was blessed to be there with Mindy and her family and to get to meet Brianna Joy (12 days old). I had the horrible task of holding her during the service!! OOOHHH!!! I want more babies!!!! Obviously not right now.... but maybe one day??? Anyway, back to Mindy. What a blessing to see them and be there to show our love for them! I thank God that He made a way for me to go. And by the way, they made it home safe and sound!!
  3. One of my biggest struggles in being divorced was knowing that I would have to give up some things that were very important to me, like homeschooling my children and teaching Kindermusik. I have found a knack there and I truly can say I love my "job". I hated the idea that I would have to give up something that I loved so that I could be the "provider" for my kids. Well, God answered those prayers for this year with an additional job at Blue Ivy School. Well what I haven't told you yet is that they pulled me into the office a few weeks ago and asked me to consider teaching at their sister school also(brand new in Rockwall) 2 days a week. Now, I already have a school on those days, but this is a bigger school, so I would get more hours which equals more pay and I would have more consistency. The true bonus of it, is that Benjamin would be able to go to their private Kindergarten full time and Cait would be able to go to Pre-K there full time FOR FREE!!! Could I afford private school for my kids? Uh, no. Did I want to put them in public school? Uh, double no. And the extra, extra bonus? That still leaves one day a week open for Kindermusik as well as all my afternoons!! GOD is so generous! He is so loving. HE is my PROVIDER! HE is my FRIEND! HE is with me to the end!
Just thought I would share and let you rejoice with me at what a GOOD God we serve!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Tamra,

God is truly taking care of you! What a testimony...your faithfulness is being rewarded as you have truly made Him your very great reward.

I love you friend,
Mindy

Can't wait to see you in a month from today!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! My mouth really dropped as I read your entry. God has amazingly blessed you, dear griend! My heart is full of joy for you, Benjamin & Cait. As scripture says, Our Lord is truly able to more than we ever hoped or imagined. Glory to HIM!
Love you,
Lori

Angel said...

I am literally teared up. I am so excited to see God providing a way for you and your kids. AMAZING! What a wonderful gift for them to be in such a great atmosphere with you there!!! I am just so happy and reieved. God is so faithful. Angel