December 10, 2006

The Christmas Spirit

Last Wednesday Laurie and I had a girl's night. We met up at Maggiano's Little Italy and ate a yummy meal! I had one of my favorites...lump crab cakes and tried something new as well. I asked for an iced tea but the waitress suggested a frozen tea (with a little white wine and peaceh schnopps added in). It's called a Bellini. I've heard of them but never tried one. Divine!
We rushed off after dinner to the Meyerson where we saw Michael W. Smith in concert with the Dallas Symphony. There are no words....
The Meyerson was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We had great seats for the show. We sat in the choral section which is actually behind the stage. We were on the side choral section, so we had a little better view of Smitty's hands as he ripped up the piano. From where we sat we were actually looking down on the orchestra. I had a perfect view of my favorite...the percussion section!! They are so amazing! Real musicians. I wish I were a "real" musician!! The music they played was very nostalgic for me. MWS's first Christmas album has been one of my favorites since high school. He played all the old, but goodies from the album as well as some traditional carols. We sang several carols as a "congregation" which was quite hart warming. Talk about getting in the Christmas spirit! If I hadn't already been in the spirit, this would've done the trick! It was an amazing night!
Like I said, there are no words to describe how awesome it was, so it's no surprise this posting doesn't do justice. Here are some fun pictures from the night!! Not sure why th pctures are posting so small, but just click ont hm and you can see them bigger, I think!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm jealous! How fun!
Kat

Mindy said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm sure it was WAY better than when we saw him at AdvoCare Success School...

ps, pics don't get bigger when you click on them. :o(