October 03, 2006

I'm sorry!

I want to apologize for my self-pity last night here on my blog. Sarah was right when she reminded me this morning that if we could see into the future, as Christians, we would always choose what God's will for us is, because it is what's best for us! As Christians we want to be made more into the image of Christ. Well, trials are what He uses to do this ... to shape us. He draws us near, puts us on the wheel and the Potter Himself begins to work on us. He molds us, bending and bruising us until we are what He desires for us to be. "But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, 'Why have you made me like this?'" Who are we to question the Almighty God for His workings in our life? He knows best, we do NOT! He is in control of all things, we are NOT! He is by nature good, we are NOT! He is perfect, we are NOT! Why can I not remember moment by moment that God is showing His love for me (that I'm in no way deserving of) by conforming me into the likeness of His precious Son. What a blessing! How can I argue? How can I protest? What a blast of ungratefulness that must seem to Him when I do.
Help me, God submit to Your will fully in my life. Help me trust You in the moment of trial, not only looking back afterwards. Help my life or my death, my sickness or my health, my riches or my loss bring glory to Your Name! Help me say "Not my will, but Yours, O Lord" and mean it, moment by moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling as I read your apology b/c I've thought the same things almost exactly. He'll give you another opportunity to learn to trust Him first ;) It takes practice, but soon it will be second nature. We are all learning. Thank God for His patience and grace as we stumble along.