October 12, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday was a fun day. Chris met me and took the kids for the whole day. I taught in the morning, ran a few errands and then met Mrs. Judy at her house around lunch time. Mrs. Judy is our pastor's wife and any time with her is precious and worth clearing the calendar for! She took me to lunch at the Olive Garden, which I love and haven't eaten at for years! We talked about everything under the sun. I was able to ask her a few difficult questions that I had weighing on my mind over the last few weeks. She always offers such Godly wisdom. After lunch we went shopping. I was on a mission to find some pictures to put in my house that had scripture on them. I want to surround myself with words that are true, uplifting and that will point me back to my Savior. I so easily get off track when it comes to my thoughts!
We had such a great time together visiting and laughing. I'm so thankful to her for the day and the investment that she has made in my life over the last 2 months, especially.

After I left her house I ran a few more errands. I went to Goodwill and found a shirt and pants that would work to make a Luke Skywalker costume for the fall festival. I also found some pants that I can cut of to transform, using the same shirt into a pirate costume for B's birthday. I'm still working on a white dress for Cait's Princess Leia costume, and of course a wig with the classic side-bun look!

After running my errands, I met Chris and the kids at Pei Wei. Chris wanted to take me to dinner for my birthday. He (the kids) gave me a really nice gift...but how ironic? A coffee flavored candle. Hmmm... Anyway, it was all very nice. He topped it off with giving me the divorce papers signed and ready to be sent off to the lawyer. Good, I guess, but sad.
This is my new life. That acceptance is so hard. There's like this ray of hope I keep catching myself entertaining, that this is all a nightmare. Maybe it's not true. But that denial is only postponing the inevitable complete acceptance of the situation. I'm working through the acceptance of it all, which is hard. Because it's not what I want to do.

ANYWAY.....I tried to post some sweet pictures that Chris took of the kids when they went to the pumpkin patch yesterday, but OF COURSE, it was having technical difficulties! BOO! I will try again later. Enjoy this cool, gorgious day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to talk to you today...

Mary said...

just wanted to say hi, hope you're doing well :) have a good evening