October 08, 2006

On the heels of a crazy week

This last week was so busy, so full of trial, so blurred by the many things to do and the many things that need to get done. Last night when I finally put my kids into bed at 10:45 (with their clothes on) all I wanted to do was cry. I just wanted to let the flood gates open and bawl. I felt ill, I felt worn out and had just this overwhelming desire to stop and rest. So when the kids finally woke up this morning at about 9:00 am, I decided that we needed a day of rest here at home. I got someone to cover my Sunday School class (thanks Julie and Jenni!) and the kids and I hung out. We made pancakes, they took super long playing baths (the kind they LOVE), I was able to clean up the cyclone that had run through our house and pack their bags for a night over at daddy's house while they played in their rooms. I felt so rested after doing all this at a slow pace that we decided to eat lunch at church with everyone and go to afternoon service. We even had time for some flu shots in the middle of all that at the FBC Parker shot clinic (thank you Dr. Cindy!). Don't ask how the kids did. It was traumatic for them both and probably more so for me! The whole church heard them scream bloody murder when it was their turn! Anyway...this afternoon I am feeling better after a little nap.

The week ahead seems to have cleared up. No ballet, no teaching voice lessons, no Foundations, etc. I am excited to have a more low-key week ahead. But the purpose of this blog is to fill you in on the week past as well as throw in a few pictures to boot.
  • Monday and Tuesday- hard days. You already knew that though
  • Wednesday-work followed by taking Cait to Bulid-a-Bear to redeem her birthday gift card. She picked a koala bear, named her Sarah and dressed her like a princess in pink...surprise, surprise!
  • Thursday we went to the Fort Worth Zoo! It was Homeschool Day and the tickets were at a discounted rate. What fun! Here are some pics from the day:

Almost the whole crew, Benjamin, Anna, Luke, Rebekah, Cait and David. We're missing Judah and Truth! What fun we had though!!


Benjamin and Cait looking at the elephants. They kept saying, "Mom! They are so HUGE!!"

  • Friday- Foundations, followed by setting up for a garage sale on Saturday. That evening the Hamms came over and Jeff helped organize my garage. He hung up hooks that allow me to have more space all together. Then they took me to dinner at Tacos y Salsas! Yummy! It was fun and productive. Thank you Jeff and Jenni!
  • Saturday- garage sale with Kathryn at her parent's house. It was very mch worth the effort! I made almost $350! Woo Hoo! That night we went to some friends house for dinner and didn't get in until super late.
That brings me back to where I started...today. I'm glad a busy week is behind me and a fun week and weekend is ahead of me! I hope you're looking forward to the week ahead as well, with new trust in the Savior that He will care for you and lov you. There is bright hope for tomorrow, isn't there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

Sounds like you are being well taken care of! I've been looking for an update all weekend...

Loveyou,
Min

Anonymous said...

Yea for garage sales! Thanks again for bringing your stuff over! Kat