October 10, 2006

Not all its cracked up to be

Okay, so I couldn't wait for a slow paced week to catch my breath. Weeelllll...that kind of backfired. See, now that I'm not as busy this week I have lots more time to think. And be sad. And to think. Maybe this busyness is a blessing in disguise. I hate feeling like I'm dragging my kids all around, but really, I think it's just me I keep draggin' around. Half the time they are at home when I am going from one crazy class to the next and then a meeting, then a phone call and so on and so forth. My mind is going in 1,000 different directions, so maybe it just feels like I'm busier than I really am. Anyway, all that to say that this week has been a sad one. I miss my life. I miss having a companion, I miss a lot of things. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay! I really am ultimately at peace. It's just that the pain doesn't go away even though I have peace that I am in the hollow of His mighty and caring hand. The pain is part of the purposeful process, I know. But, I want to remember that by His stripes we are healed. He was bruised so that we could have hope. He died so that we could have life.
So, yea...I'm a little sad today, but this too shall pass. So tiny in the scheme of it all. I think a quick solution would be to go get busy doing something! And that I shall do...

Isaiah 53:4-6

4
Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
5But he was wounded for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.
6All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned every one to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

4 comments:

Amber Smith said...

I'll pray for you today! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have been sad, but get ready for a fun week ahead! We will be there in 2 days. We are going to have such a great time!
Love you,
Danyel

Anonymous said...

I thought of this verse when I read your blog yesterday...
Psalm 30:5b
"Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning."

We're looking forward to your morning!
Love you,
Lori

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are hurting. Just wanted you to know that I prayed for you this morning. I hope that you have a wonderful time with your sister.
Love, Rachel