November 30, 2006

Christmas decor

Yesterday and today I indulged myself. I pulled out the 7 massive boxes of Christmas decorations that I have collected and dove in. I set up the tree, the garland, set out my snowmen collection. I pulled out the Christmas scented candles and soaps. And my most favorite of all ... my Christmas CD's. There is nothing in the whole wide world like the feeling you get when it's cold outside, but you're warm inside listening to Russ Taft, Amy Grant or the grandest of all...Michael W. Smith Christmas albums. Before you laugh, have you heard these albums? Don't knock it till you try it! I don't generally listen to any of those 3 artists on any given day, but I do every year for the whole month of December. However, this year I have added a new favorite album to my Christmas play list (thanks to Mindy for buying it for me and mailing it to me as a surprise! You know me so well friend!). It is Sovereign Grace Ministry's first Christmas album entitled, "Savior: Celebrating the Mystery of God Become Man" It is AMAZING!!! Did I mention that it is phenomenal?? I mean it! There are 12 original Christmas themed songs on it. I couldn't possibly choose one as my favorite. No way. Anyway, check it out. Treat yourself this year to an early Christmas present. Even better, one that will cause you to celebrate at the realization of the glorious gift of the gospel!

1 comment:

Amber Smith said...

I'm in total agreement with you about Michael W Smith. I heard a song of his on KLTY a few days ago and LOVED it! I would love to have that CD. I'm glad you had fun with your Christmas decorating. I'm right there with you... Decorating for Christmas brings me so much joy! Love you and continue praying for you!