November 07, 2006

The Retreat

Pine Cove, the Bluffs in Tyler, Texas. We had our First Baptist Church of Parker's Ladies Retreat this weekend. We had so much fun! Words cannot describe how much I looked forward to it and how much it met and exceeded my expectations.
During some free time on Saturday, we hiked up to the highest peak in the county. Here is a picture of our view. There are glimpses of fall there, unlike here in Dallas.




Here is Julie and her mom Mary. We were blessed to have Mary at the retreat with us. She lives in Tyler, so it was very convenient for her to pop on over. I hope her coming to the Ladies Retreat will be a new tradition!


Kat played the piano for me this weekend while I led the music. Jenni played the guitar for us the other half of the weekend. Here we are diligently rehearsing some of the newer songs we were attempting to teach everyone.



Here we are rehearsing not seriously at all!! We were being rather obnoxious, I'm sure! Oh well, it was fun and no one was harmed, so I guess it's all good, huh?


Here is some of the gang at the top of the peak. We stopped for a photo opp!
Tamra, Jenna, Jenni, Julie and Amber.


Amber doesn't go to our church either. She lives way over in Crowley, Texas. So close, yet so far away. We are SOOOOO glad you came Amber!!! We love you! Thanks for letting me hog you for another year as my roommate. Can't wait till next year!

On the way home, we stopped in Canton. That was tons of fun. I got a few small things that I had been looking for. I got a corn dog and a cherry limeade. All was well with the world! I was missing my babies something awful come Sunday afternoon, but I survived until Monday when I finally got to see them! Yay for refreshment and fun times! Yay for friends...especially the kind that love you so much that they sharpen you and point you back to the Savior again and again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

What a wonderful weekend! Wish I could've been there! :o) What was the teaching on and who taught? I saw the group picture on Amber's blog too.

Love you,
Min

P.S. Call me when you're home and it's a good time!

Tamra Perkinson said...

The teaching was on "Fellowship with God". It was really good. The small group time is always my favorite because you can really learn and grow from these wise, godly ladies. It's also such a great chance to grow in your relationship with ladies outside your "circle". I love seeing the Titus 2 model be worked out. Sometimes it starts in a relationship formed at a retreat, then that relationship grows throughout the year and becomes more and more meaningful to your life with each passing day.

I'm alrady getting excited about next year!

Amber Smith said...

Tamra-
I'm glad to see that you included the "obnoxious" picture. I was wondering if that one would find its way to your blog.

I had so much fun at the retreat and loved getting to spend time with you too! It was a great weekend.

We are planning on coming down today, so I guess we'll see you later?

Love ya!