November 06, 2006

Please pray

My sweet granny J (my mom's mom) is having surgery today. Yesterday when coming home from church, she fell in the lobby of her Assisted Living Facility. She broke both of her legs. One above the knee and the other below the knee. She also had a diabetic "attack" if you will, at the same time. She was shaking and in a lot of pain. Some of the nurses thought she was having a seizure, but it was just that her blood sugar was dangerously low. They have her stabilized in the hospital now, but she will have to have surgery on one of the legs today. She is still not recovered from when she broke her hip and wrist last year. This is actually broken bones #6 and #7 in the last 2-3 years. She keeps having spills. It is so sad and hard to watch. My poor mom had to miss my sister's baby shower yesterday to take her to the emergency room. My mom is so used to that scene. So as you read this would you say a little prayer for Katherine (my granny) that she would come out of the surgery okay today. There's always a lot of risks putting an older person "under" when they have so many other health issues. And for my mom that she and dad would have grace to endure this road and the wisdom to know where to place my granny that will best for her. Thank you!

FYI- the kids and Chris made it home safely in the rain last night. I don't think I've ever been more nervous and concerned as I was last night. It was raining and late. I asked Chris to call me when they were tucked away safely in their beds so I could finally sleep. He called about midnight. I can't wait to see them this morning!!! Too long without my babies!! I'll tell you about my weekend later. Thanks for the prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your granny as she undergoes surgery and the recovery process, as well as your parents that God would give them wisdom in knowing how best to care for her. I hope that you had a great weekend and I am glad to hear that the kiddos made it in safely. They are so precious- I loved the pics of them from the fall festival. Have a great evening with them! Love, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Praying for Granny! How painful and terrible..both legs!

Is she a believer?
Love,
Min

Tamra Perkinson said...

She is a believer! Praise God! Thank yo Rachel and Mindy for praying. Thank yo to the others that have e-mailed as well. She is very special to me!!