November 16, 2006

Recovering

Well, that is something I guess I will be in a perpetual state of for the next months/years to come...yes. But mainly I am recovering from strep. It hurt. It still hurts mildly. It is such a wonderful feeling when you start feeling like yourself again, only skinnier because you haven't eaten in almost a week (bonus!) Anyway, the kids and I went to Blue Ivy today and got home earlier than planned. We had lunch, the kids played and I got to talk to Mindy on the phone while she was in the car (best mommy talk time!). Mindy is scheduled to give birth to her 5th bundle of joy on Monday morning. Unfortunately I won't be able to blog about it then because I'll be in the country where the internet is too ssssllllloooooowwww! That's okay. No offense mom and dad. It will be kind of freeing not to have to check my e-mail 77 times a day or worry about my next "interesting" blog posting (that's a stretch, I know!) . I will just get to look forward to coming home next Saturday to a full inbox and multiple blogs to check. I'll feel so far behind! Once again, that's okay.
So here's the plan, we leave tomorrow right after Blue Ivy. We get to Tomball in time for dinner. Danyel and Eli stay the night with us at mom and dad's. Fun. Then Saturday and Sunday we help get my grandmother moved in a situated into her new place...in a nursing home. She doesn't know that this is where she is going. She will be very upset when she finds out. However, she needs 24 hour care now that both of her legs are going to be in a cast for the next 3 months! She'll need help with everything!!! Sunday my cousin is having a lingerie shower and we're all attending. Then Monday, we're thinking about the museum and the mall to ride the carousel. Tuesday I get together with my friend Ashley and her kiddos! YAY! Ashley is my friend from high school. She has 3 little girls that are adorable! Can't wait. Then, Wednesday I am going to Chris's sister's house (Aimee) to visit with her, my nieces and Jackie (Chris' mom). It will be good to see them. I haven't seen them in months. Wednesday night we are celebrating Thanksgiving with my granny in her new place. We're just going to bring in dinner from somewhere. Weird. No granny's dressing for Thanksgiving. No potato salad (with absolutely NO mustard), no homemade apple pie, or fudge pie, or chocolate cream pie. I like pie. I'm depressed already thinking about it. First of many years to come where things won't be the same. Let me stop and say, yes! My mom is a great cook too, but she's never done the main cooking for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Granny has always done it. That's the way it has always been and the way I wanted it always to be. Unfortunately, things change. Change is hard. Too much change right now.
off to him. it really is going to be okay, I know. But it's hard thinking about it. No Then...Thursday we are meeting my dad's family at his brother Mark's house for lunch. This will be fun and fattening. I have a loud and obnoxious extended family. We all kind of play off each other. Thank God no one drinks, because it would really be wild if you threw in that factor! Thursday afternoon I will meet Chris on I-45 somewhere and pass Benjamin and Cait off to him. It's so sad. Do you know what this means? No more Perkinson Thanksgiving meal for me!!! Chris's mom is an excellent cook and I love everything on their traditional Thanksgiving spread. I'm especially fond of sweet potato crunch and strawberry jello salad. *sigh* Man, I really should loose some weight with all this change happening in my life. Less food.
Good news! Thanksgiving night I am going back to Ryan and Danyel's to stay with them for a few nights. I get to help set up baby Mia's bedding and help care for Eli while Danyel gets some things done. We're gonna try to throw a little shopping in there too!

Long story. Long trip. I can't wait. I'm packing several mini-projects for while I'm there. I'm hoping to make it fun and productive!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Talk to you when we get back!

"Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations."

Psalm 100

3 comments:

Angel said...

Wow. I know all of the firsts will be so difficult. First Thanksgiving that everything is different and all that. I really will be praying for your heart. It is an incredible amount of change and weirdness and pain in one year. For what it's worth you are handling it with such grace.

Angel
faithsjourney.spaces.live.com

Anonymous said...

Love you Tamra! It was so good to talk to you today. I'm so encouraged by your faith and praise God for His faithfulness to you throughout these many years...every step of the way He has been your refuge and strength a very present help in time of trouble. His sovereign hand has planned your days and He is shaping and molding you into a beautiful creation through the joys and trials!

Be encouraged that just as He's not ever left you He will bring you to the end of your life knowing Him more and loving Him more than you do today...all by His grace as He points you to the truth that He has met your greatest need by providing Christ to take the wrath you deserve..and with that how will He not graciously give you all good things.

I love you more than words,
Mindy

Tamra Perkinson said...

Mindy, I love you too and I will b thinking of you every minute on Monday and praying! Please call ASAP after baby girl arrives! I pray it will be a beautiful memory for you and Jeremy to share!