November 03, 2006

The Weekend

Well, today the girls and I are off to Pine Cove Camp in Tyler, Texas for a little R and R. Well that's not all, but R and R is what I need to get some of this weekend, for sure. Our First Baptist Church of Parker's Ladies Retreat is this weekend. We're all so excited! It's not very often that moms can get away for the whole weekend, with no children and focus on God and growing friendships. It's going to be like an all weekend slumber party...at least it was last year.
Today, 6 of us girls are meeting at Julie's house. Julie, Jenni, Amber, me, Jennifer and Jenna. We are caravaning up to Tyler, but stopping in Canton on the way for a little shopping excursion. Too much fun! I have a whole morning of teaching ahead of me first before I get too excited, so I guess I better focus.
I have to come up with a Christmas program for 2 year olds, 3 year olds and then put together a play for 4 and 5 year olds. AHH! Not to mention I have 5 weeks left to pull it together! It's so hard to plan a "Christmas" program that NOTHING to do with Christ! I mean, what? Santa? Elves? Talk about empty and meaningless. At least I get to take my kids home and tell them again and again what Christmas is really about. They really only know who Santa is. They don't know the whole, "bringing toys down the chimney thing" or elves, reindeer, Rudolph stuff. So anyway...off I go to sing about working in Santa's shop! Bluh!

My kids are going out of town this weekend with Chris. He is taking them to his parent's house in Sugar Land. I know they will have fun. I know they will be loved on and cared for...but it's still going to be hard for me. As a mommy, it's hard to let them get too far away without you. If you think of us this weekend, pray for my kids safe travel there and back. Pray also that I will be at peace this weekend and be able to soak up all that's being taught. I also look so forward to growing in some new relationships and strengthening some old ones!! Talk to you when we get back. I hope you have a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you all as you head to East TX! I do wish I could be there, but the Lord knows exactly where I need to be!
Just this week, HE has graciously blessed me with the beginnings of some new friendships (that is a happy and sad thing :) ) Have a wonderful time, and please give everyone hugs for me!

Anonymous said...

Love you Tamra! Enjoy your weekend.