November 02, 2006

The disappearing "r"

Last night I was sad to go to sleep. I couldn't really settle down. I lacked peace. I started quoting verses to myself about fear and trust in the Lord.
Finally, I drifted off to sleep.
The reason I lacked peace last night is because I knew this morning when I woke up I would have lost something. I knew that somewhere in the middle of the night I would loose an "r". I would go from a "Mrs." to a "Ms." Very depressing. To add to this, when I woke up, I was so tired. I did not want to get out of bed. Have you ever been so tired that you were nauseous? Yeah, that was today. I was starting a new job today!!! What was I thinking? Who starts a new job the day after their divorce is final? I should've taken the day off, right? Well, God is good. He knew what I needed. Sitting home in my pj's like a frump thinking about how my life is sad right now is NOT what I needed to do today. To add to my bummed mood, I had to wake my kids up, dress them, feed them and bundle them up, all in a manner that would not convey that I was rushing them. We went to the new school (which only took me 15 minutes instead of 30 like I planned..WooHoo!) and I prayed that the kids would be happy to go in their class and not be sad when mommy left them with a room full of strangers. They did great. *sheew*
In their new classes they played outside, colored, played in centers, had music class :-) and even ate lunch. When I picked them up they seemed very happy with their day. Talk about a blessing for their old mom!

My music classes today were full and many (11 total), but it was a good first day. Tomorrow will be even better, I bet. God has given this job to me for this season. When I see His goodness in the middle of all this chaos, I have hope. I have hope knowing that MY God will supply all my needs. He will not withhold any good gift from His children. I am His child. And He is taking care of me. I may not have wanted to start this day, but it has ended up pretty great. Thanks to Him. I'm just so grateful that He has given me a job where I only have to work half of a day and I get to bring my kids with me.
So here's the weekly schedule for those that care:

Monday - 3 Kindermusik classes (it will be 5 starting in the Spring)
Tuesday - Children's Park music and then 2 Kindermusik classes
Wednesday - Children's Park (and then 1 Kindermusik class starting in the Spring)
Thursday- Blue Ivy (new school)
Friday- Blue Ivy

I've been trying to post Fall Festival pics all afternoon and had no luck. Boo! I will persevere, however, so stayed tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I care!! Thanks for sharing...I can't wait to hear how the Lord provided this job...

I love you so much,
Min

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I stumbled on your blog somehow throught a "friend of a friend." I have been checking in on you periodically, and thought it was time I posted something. :-)

Anyway, you have been through so much, and my heart breaks for you. But I can tell that you are letting God use this season to "grow" you, even as unimaginably painful as it must be. Your name for your blog is perfect, because I can tell that God is giving you supernatural strength (even when you don't "feel" strong) to get through this. God bless you, sweet sister-in-Christ.
Tracye W.
Murphy, Texas

Tamra Perkinson said...

Thank you so much Tracye for reading and for your encouragement. Thank you for your love and support Mindy! I'll post about the job soon!

Anonymous said...

Tamra,
I have recently discovered UMHB's online "myspace" and have been having fun looking up anyone and everyone I ever knew (even if just barely) and finding out where they are. I knew Chris somewhat from Focus and talked to you a couple of times, but we were never friends so I wouldn't expect you to remember me.
I clicked on your webpage and was so heartbroken to hear about your divorce. I can't imagine the hurt you're going through, and I am COMPLETELY blown away by your strength and trust in the Lord. I don't know what happened but I know it wasn't good and to see you standing strong in the Lord and leaning on Him step by step builds my faith. It breaks my heart but impresses me beyond what I can describe. I just wanted to tell you that the prayers of a (somewhat) stranger are with you. I know only on a very small scale what you're going through and I truly empathize... but I look forward to seeing what God does in your life over the next years. I know he will be faithful to you--His AMAZING, loving daughter.

Tamra Perkinson said...

Laura,
Thank you so much for posting! Could you tell me your last name? I'd love to look you up in the MHB directory. I have so enjoyed reconnecting with people over the last couple of years because of the alumni site. I have received lots and lots of prayers from my MHB alum. That means so much to me too! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Have a blessed day!