January 18, 2007

CALLING OUT YOUR NAME

Do you remember the wedding that I went to over Christmas? Well, my friend Melissa, who I went to high school with and was in youth group with was there and we saw each other for the first time in years. She is one of the women who has had a similar experience as me. Her husband had an affair and then he told her he wanted a divorce. If saw Melissa or knew her you would see what an absolute fool her husband was. In my opinion, he never deserved her in the first place! Sorry....
Anyway, she is three years out when at the time I was more like 3 months out. She was able to encourage me on topics like bitterness and child-rearing as a single-mom, etc. I was telling her about how my dear friend Jenni gave me a new pocket Bible a while back. No occasion, just gave me this gorgeous Bible in place of my former pocket Bible. The reason behind that is that my first pocket Bible came with a diamond engagment ring inside of it, followed by a proposal from my "ex". It was hard to open that Bible and see the inscription. Anyway, Jenni gave me a new one and I'm so grateful. Melissa told me that a dear frind of hers did the same thing for her. And inside the cover she had written a poem. I thought is was so cool, I just had to share it with you...



There had to be a time

When time began

Created from the touch of God
And it was very good
How He calls to you
So that you can go to Him
Whether you are called by
The name chosen by your parents
Or the name given at marriage
Always remember the indelible name
God calls you...
My Beloved

- Lisa Karabatsos 2004

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Absolutely Beautiful! Remember Isaiah 54!

Praying,
Mindy

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read the words pocket Bible I knew exactly why you needed a new one. I am so thankful that you have such a thoughtful friend to give you a new one. Thinking of you today!