January 24, 2007

Quote of the day

"We can say, 'Blessed is night, for it reveals to us the stars.' In the same way we can say, 'Blessed is sorrow, for it reveals God's comfort.' The floods washed away home and mill, all the poor man had in the world. But as he stood on the scene of his loss, after the water had subsided, broken-hearted and discouraged, he saw something shining in the bank which the waters had washed bare. 'It looks like gold,' he said. It was gold. The flood which had beggared him made him rich. So it is ofttimes in life." --H. C. Trumbull

1 comment:

Aisha Willis said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your example of strength in relying on God. I had a rough weekend and when I thought about you and the courage you have showed, it brought me a lot of joy and hope. You are truly a spiritually minded woman. I am grateful for your involvement in my life!
:>