January 26, 2007

Preschoolers or Teenagers?

So this morning both of my kids were acting more like teenagers than preschoolers. Benjamin takes one look at the shirt I picked out for him (which was very cool, I may add) and he scowled. I asked what was wrong. He said, "Mom, I won't look cool if I wear that shirt!" Ugh!

Then, I went to wake up Cait this morning and I turned on her closet light. This is my gentle way of helping hr wake up in enough time to get to school. She said, as she does every single morning, "Mommy, I'm still tired." And then she added..."Just 5 more minutes, k mom?" I couldn't help but chuckle!

B cried all the way to school this morning about his shirt and the fact that he didn't want to go. I just thought he was having an attitude problem, so we discussed it all morning as we were dressing and driving to school. I sang , "A joyful heart is good medicine..." to him and did the best I could to change his mood, but with no success. To add to the trauma his teacher was out with a sick child today so he had to go into another class. When I made it around to his room for music he took one look at me and burst into tears. He said his ear hurt really badly. It all started to come together...crying about his shirt, not wanting to go to school, no success in changing his attitude. He was sick. We got right into the dr. (I love my kid's dr!) and sure enough! Major ear infection in one ear and working on it int he other ear. One dose of motrin and amoxicillin and he acts just like new.

I am so excited because Laurie is spending the weekend with us for a scrapbooking weekend. Fun times! Plus, the kids each learned their first 5 verses on their new verse chart...so we're going for ice cream for their reward at some point this weekend. They are pumped!

I hope you all have an excellent weekend! Thanks again for all your encouragement and love through this blog. It has meant the world to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures from the wedding are adorable. Tell B I hope he gets better! My girlfriend Amy loves scrapbooking and keeps trying to get me to do pages in her book, but I refuse. Hope all is well with you, I'm leaving for London for the semester on Sunday, yikes!