January 02, 2007

Merry Christmas report

We had a great time on our trip to Houston for Christmas. We traveled on Tuesday afternoon and arrived at the hospital just a few hours after baby Mia Beth had been born. She weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz and is beautiful! Mommy did great during delivery and they have done really well ever since. What a blessing to have her added to our family.
I think God's timing is so intention in these things. Ya know, what would have been and should have been a really hard Christmas for my family having lost one of its members and grieving that loss, was filled with joy because of sweet little addition. Thank the Lord.

Here she is!!







The rest of the week was really low key with a few visits with friends and family members. I was especially glad to go with the kids to a family Christmas party at the nursing home where my granny is staying. The party really wore her out so we took her back to her room and got her settled. She is the kind of person that you never know what kind of gift to buy her and you never know what actions will mean a lot to her or not. Well, this particular day I gave her a manicure and pedicure. Her nails were in great need of some TLC. When I rubbed the lotion of her hands she had this look of sheer relief. She admitted they had been bothering her because they were so dry. She thanked me profusely after that. What a small thing for me to do and yet it meant something to my granny. I was so grateful to have been able to bless her in a small way. It blessed me!

Here we are at the party


Saturday night I went to a wedding for a friend from way back in my past. We were best friends in junior high and more like acquaintances really, in high school. Her name is Jessica and she married for the first time at 30. It was a joy to be there and fun to get to see so many old friends. Probably the most memorable moment from the whole trip was this night. We were standing near the dance floor with our wine in hand, laughing and talking. And all of the sudden we sort of looked at each other. There were 4 of us girls there. We all went to high school and church together growing up. We all married "Christian" guys. I actually sang in 2 of their weddings. The four of us realized all at once that we were all divorced. And not only that but we were all divorced because our husbands cheated on us. How sad is that? So, Melissa raised her glass to us and said, "To new beginnings and the second time around." We toasted and sort of basked in the surreal moment. We did shake it off later though and danced till the band went home. It was a terribly fun evening. I needed it! Thanks Robin for being my plus 1!!

Me and Robin at the end of the night looked partied out!


Sunday we had Christmas Eve fun times at Danyel and Ryan's house. We had our traditional Christmas Eve meal hodgepodge. Boiled shrimp, BBQ wienies, queso, guacamole, egg rolls, Special K candy, etc. The idea is we all get to pick our favorite foods. There is no main dish or vegetable balance in this meal. No! Just the favorites. That was fun.

Here's some Christmas Eve photos of the kids








Christmas morning we celebrated at mom and dads. D and Ryan came over with the kids and we had traditional lunch. This was mine and mom's first attempt at chicken and dressing all by ourselves. This was the first year that granny couldn't cook it for us. It was almost perfect, so it cheered us all up that that tradition hadn't been lost forever. Then the afternoon rolled around. Time to deliver the kids to Chris. Such a great day had to go and be ruined. It really was very easy, but too sad. Christmas Day you are supposed to be with the ones you love the most. Haven't you heard all the songs? Well...unfortunately I spent the second half of Christmas Day without them. After crying the entire way home, I was better.

Christmas night I went to Danyel and Ryan's and got to spent 2 nights there with them. I tried to do a few small things for Danyel, but she really had it all together. She is such a great little mama! Her children are so blessed to have her and Ryan.

So, then we headed home on Wednesday. That's it. It was wonderful and easy for the "first" Christmas. The best part is, that it's past me. I don't have to think about it for a whole other year. So, good-bye 2006! I am so ready for 2007. Ready to put the old behind and focus on the hope of what this new year will bring. I hope mostly that it will bring much healing for all involved. If I know the Lord like I think I do, then that's exactly what He has planned for us.
Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Bacak said...

Tamara,
It was good to read about your Christmas. I wish for all things WONDERFUL for you in 2007. I want to hear more about this wedding you went to...you should e-mail me.
Love you!
jenn