January 15, 2007

We're Home

A new week starts tomorrow for me, so this will be brief...
Thanks to everyone who prayed for our safe travel. God was good to us. We were unable to fly out of Maryland this morning as scheduled, but it turned out to be for the best. Then, our flight was delayed this evening because of Dallas weather. We got home (thanks to Kris and Julie's kindness towards us AGAIN!) around 11:00pm. Thank you also to those of you who prayed for Cait. She did great on the plane ride home. She injured her neck last night in a game of hide-and-seek and we ended up in the ER. I thought her collarbone was broken or maybe her clavicle, but it was just a contusion on her neck that caused her to have muscle spasms. She was in severe pain and even after we left the ER, Tylenol with Codeine didn't seem to give her any relief. Because of the Lord's goodness and all those who were praying...she seemed very comfortable on the plane. AND, Mindy...God answered our 2 specific prayers. 1) A very nice man helped me at the security point so it wasn't traumatic at all for Cait. A man behind me line reached around me and collapsed the stroller after I lifted her and then the man at security rushed around to see that I was taken care of and helped as needed. The security point was MUCH less crowded and busy than the one in Dallas. This was a huge relief. I almost cried from relief! And 2) a very kind flight attendant sat with my kids on the plane while I went back for the car seat. I felt at ease and cared for by Him. Then for the whole trip she seemed relaxed and never complained of her neck until the last 15 minutes or so of the flight when I knew the medication was beginning to wear off. So, PRAISE GOD!!

I can't wait to tell you about our Maryland visit. We had a great trip. Always sad to leave but good also to come home. Until then, gotta get some shut-eye!

3 comments:

Christi said...

We were all praying last night! So thankful to get your update! The children were especially concerned about Cait! We will check on you later this week!

Eric Sowell said...

So glad to hear you're home safe!Thanks for sharing again how faithful our God is!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're home safe! I've been thinking about you and praying for you and the kids that you wouldn't get stranded at some airport trying to get home. Crazy weather right now! Welcome home!