January 10, 2007

Vacation Time

The kids and I leave today on a little vacation. Both B and C flew on a plane when they were babies, but neither remember, obviously. So, this is kind of like the first. They are SOOOO excited. Benjamin gets into superhero mode when he talks about flying above the clouds in the airplane! I can't wait to see their faces as they look out over the buildings and then clouds. I love being a mom!
We are the gracious recipients of the generosity of our dear friends, Mindy and Jeremy Mayhew. They are flying the three of us up to Gaithersburg, Maryland where they live for a visit. This has been planned for months and now that it has arrived, I'm beside myself! Thank you Mindy and Jeremy for this gift! We're so excited!
We have a few plans while we're there, but not too much. The most important thing on the agenda is the talking, right?? We will get the opportunity to attend 2 or 3 activities at their church over the weekend which is sure to be very encouraging! So, we leave this afternoon and return Monday morning bright and early! I will have internet access there, so I may update you while we're there.
Have a blessed weekend everyone. I'll miss those of you who I would have seen at church on Sunday. We'll see you when we get back!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Have a great trip! What fun!
We will have a house full of family! One for a late Christmas and others for Shelby's 8th birthday!
Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! It's so hard to do school knowing that tonight you'll be HERE!

I got the pictures developed yesterday for that project and I need to look through the scrapbook pictures that I have for Justin and C.J.'s books. THat may not get done before you're here though.

Off to start the day!
Love,
Min

Amber Smith said...

Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

have a blessed trip! Your family deserve it! I became very ill for a few days, but I am well now and would hopefully like to talk again, but I will wait till your home. Sorry I had to rush off. It was so good to hear from you. Have fun with the children and Mindys dear family.